ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: xdoclet and the generated html files
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:43:15 GMT
I am following this thread.  I'm glad Peter got past his original
issue.  I don't have much bandwidth at the moment to spend on this, but
will help as I can.

On Wednesday, December 10, 2003, at 04:11  AM,
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:\
> @ant.internal=true
> Internal setters not to be documented in the manual
>

> Erik sais something about fallbacks on
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=102474522902362&w=2 ... but I
> havenĀ“t understood that ...

So putting @ant.element ignore="true" on an element
creator/adder-looking method, XDoclet ignores it and it does not make
it to the generated descriptor.  This is probably more relevant for
attributes, so put @ant.attribute ignore="true" on a setter which
should not be documented (and you'll find we have several of these I
believe).

> Explanations of the use of mergepoints by Erik on
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=104186638402086&w=2

Merge points are the way to go with the current XDoclet 1.2.

But XDoclet2 is now in full force development, and perhaps it would
make sense to develop the necessary infrastructure to support it.  It
has a much cleaner templating system (Velocity or Jelly currently) and
using the standard #parse/#include stuff for merging information, which
may be more straightforward than the current merge point mechanism.
Alas, I have no time to devote to this at the moment either, but wanted
to toss it out as an option for others to explore.  I personally have
not even gotten a chance to try out XDoclet2 myself.

	Erik