ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <>
Subject Re: DynamicConfigurator namespace problem
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:55:47 GMT
Am 11.12.2003 um 14:49 schrieb Stefan Bodewig:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Erik Hatcher <> wrote:
>> It's my own fault for not tracking this closer, so my apologies for
>> coming into this late in the game.  So, createDynamicElement now
>> receives more than it used to?!  So it gets "uri:elementName"?
> ... unless uri happens to be
>> So XDoclet needs to change to work properly?
> Probably yes - if xdoclet starts to use namespaces other than the one
> for Ant's core, that is.

Note that it's not the task writer who "starts to use namespaces"
(apart from providing an antlib), it's the build file writer. That's an
important difference to me. You can now choose to put any task/type
into any namespace you want at definition time. IMHO the task should
still work. Most will, but tasks based on DynamicConfigurator will most
probably break.

Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at

To unsubscribe, e-mail: