ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sathyanarayana V." <sathyanaraya...@virtusa.com>
Subject new task 'ants' required or not.
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:47:29 GMT
Hi All,

	Recently,  as part of automating my project builds, I have used CruiseControl along with
Ant.  Surprisingly, I didn't find any task to build/compile all the subprojects    of a project.
 My purpose was to have  the compile time errors of all the subprojects as part of automated
build report. The 'ant' task will stop building as soon as one subproject fails. I tried using
java/exec tasks with 'failonerror '  attribute as false, but the problem with  this approach
is that build status of subprojects is not available to the main build process and resulting
Total build successful though subprojects are failing in-between.

   So, I have written new task  called 'ants' and used for my automated builds. This task
internally uses 'ant' only.  What I would like to know is: Can I post this task of mine to
apache or Is there any existing task/workaround available for the above required behavior.

Thanks in advance
Sathya