ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: DynamicConfigurator namespace problem
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:26:45 GMT
Am 16.12.2003 um 21:04 schrieb Peter Reilly:
> The interface is:
>
> public interface DynamicConfiguratorNS {
>    void setDynamicAttribute(String uri, String qualifiedName,
>                             String value)
>            throws BuildException;
>    Object createDynamicElement(
>        String uri, String localName) throws BuildException;
> }

I assume "qualifiedName" is a typo and should be "localName"?

> Another Namespace issue is the handling of the ant core uri by the
> code. Currently the code sets this to "" at an early stage.
> It however should be retained in the system (ie. whether
> the namespace URI of an element  is "" or
> "antlib:org.apache.tools.ant").

Agreed. But I assume such a change would have rather large impact on
the current code base, no?

> For ant 1.6 (and beyond) we can make macrodef namespace  independent,
> without
> this patch.

I think that would be the best option. It would postpone the addition
of a DynamicConfiguratorNS interface to a later release, thus the
interface could be designed properly from the start (if there is such a
thing ;-) ).

Cheers,
   Chris

--