ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: DynamicConfigurator namespace problem
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:14:54 GMT
> From: Peter Reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
>
> Gurr..
>
> In making the change to remove the "uri:" portion from
> the DynamicConfigurator#createElement(String) (for elements
> not in the ant core namespace uri), I forgot to check all
> uses in ant 1.6.
>
> This change breaks our old friend <macrodef/> which uses
> DynamicConfigurator to implement elements and attributes of
> the macros.  Previous to the change the following macro could
> be in an antlib:
>
>     <macrodef name="run">
>       <element name="element"/>
>       <sequential>
>         <element/>
>       </sequential>
>     </macrodef>
>

> and used as follows:
>
> <site:run>
>     <site:element>
>        <echo>Hello world</echo>
>     </site:element>
> <site:run>
>
> This does not work any more.

Peter, I probably need to look in the code to understand this,
but can you give some hint on why is this getting broken?

I thought that it would be the other way around, i.e., <site:element>
would not be recognised by macrodef when passing "site:element"
but it would recognize "element".

Maybe I do not understand how DynamicConfigurator works at all. :-(

In any case if you can give a couple of lines explanation, it would be
great.

I am still all for DynamicConfiguratorNS, but do we have the time given
the
incomming release?

Jose Alberto