ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject Ant-contrib for ANT1.6
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:41:09 GMT
Hi,

I have found a couple of issues with ANT-Contrib.
I know, it is a separate project, but I thought people
here should be aware of it. (I have filed bugs on antcontrib's site)

1) The compile with walls task, only works in JDK1.4. Even worst,
you can only compile ANTContrib with JDK1.4. This is due to
that task using

   public RuntimeException(Throwable e);

a constructor that is 1.4 specific.

2) The only prebuild versions of antcontrib on the site are
pre-antlib and pre-macrodef latest syntax.

If there is anyone out here that can influence the project
out there, well that would be fantastic. It would be nice if
we could have a coordinated release of ANT1.6 and ANTContrib
on the same date.

We need convergence for this wonderful tools.

Jose Alberto