ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: Macrodef @{x}
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 11:16:31 GMT
> From: Antoine Levy-Lambert [mailto:antoine@antbuild.com]
>
> Hi Jose,
>
> I have dowloaded your jar file and run the build.xml, after
> having downloaded saxon. There are no errors for me.
>
> Does this build.xml provoke exceptions or something like that
> on your site ?

First all works fine in 1.5.3.

I have found two problems:

1) When I run this build.xml on my site (ANT1.6beta) I get an error that
saxon does not support the validate feature, which is odd.

Do we need to upgrade saxon in order to use 1.6?

2) When I run my complete full build, which calls something simillar to
this one using <ant> I get the error with the XMLCatalogue not being
used
when reading the XML file. (This works as is in ANT1.5.3). The
XMLCatalogue
reference is passed from the main build to this one.

I will see if I can have code that goes thru <ant>. And moving the
XMLCatalogue
the definition to the parent build.

3) A maybe related issue, is that in my build there are certain
directories
that are generated in a precompilation phase. Those directories are
mentioned
in <fileset>s which are declared as top level tasks. In 1.6 I get a sort
of warnning when executing the fileset indicating that an exception was
caught and continuing, but in 1.5.3 no problem is found.
My concern here is what happens when the reference is finally used.
In 1.5.3 the fileset is the correct one (since by the time it is used
the directories
are guaranteed to be there), but in 1.6 I am not sure what the fileset
will do.

Did we change the way filesets are evaluated? I thought they were very
lazy before.

Jose Alberto