ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: new task 'ants' required or not.
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:13:17 GMT
Sathyanarayana V. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> 	Recently,  as part of automating my project builds, I have used CruiseControl along
with Ant.  Surprisingly, I didn't find any task to build/compile all the subprojects    of
a project.  My purpose was to have  the compile time errors of all the subprojects as part
of automated build report. The 'ant' task will stop building as soon as one subproject fails.
I tried using java/exec tasks with 'failonerror '  attribute as false, but the problem with
 this approach is that build status of subprojects is not available to the main build process
and resulting Total build successful though subprojects are failing in-between.

OK

>    So, I have written new task  called 'ants' and used for my automated builds. This
task internally uses 'ant' only.  What I would like to know is: Can I post this task of mine
to apache or Is there any existing task/workaround available for the above required behavior.

Ant 1.6 has '<subant> that wil bulk compile a project ... does this do
what you want or are there changes you'd recommend?