ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: proposal/xdocs : Anakia versus dvsl
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:09:31 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

>What I find strange is that an XML snippet (Ant vocabulary) needs to be put
>in a CDATA section inside an XML document (Doc vocabulary, be it Anakia,
>DVSL, whatever)in this day and age. I naively hold that XML namespace were
>invented in part to be able to mix different XML vocabularies.
>
>Using a CDATA section, you can never enhance the HTML output to have element
>and attribute names be in fact links to the relevant manual section for
>example. --DD

Hi Dominique,

I had not thought of the use of XML namespaces, but I had noticed that
this CDATA section construct is used in the xdocs/faq.xml.

Can you create a sample working with anakia or with dvsl and allowing us
to enter the examples in xml without escaping the build file snippets
and without CDATA sections ?

Cheers,

Antoine