ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: ConcatFilterTest fails on Mac OS X
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:36:49 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Peter Reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:
>

>>Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>

>>>it's been a long time since I last ran Ant's testsuite on my Mac.
>>>The ConcatFilterTest fails as the generated file has CRs as line
>>>ends (appropriate for MacOS < X)
>>>

>>Does it change to LF for for MacOS X ?
>>

>I've never used a Mac before OS X, but apparently the line end used to
>be CR.  To me it seems as if OS X deals with CRs or LFs.  If I create
>a new file via cat for example, it will have LFs.
>System.getProperty("line.separator") results in LF as well.

<fixcrlf> then is the problem.
It defaults  in the constructor to "cr" for a mac and this is used in
the test
(testcases/filters/concat.xml#init)

FixCRLF#CrLf has a "mac" value which is equilalent to CR.

This possibly should have a "native" value - corresponding to

System.getProperty("line.separator")

Peter