ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: DynamicConfigurator namespace problem
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:11:49 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Peter Reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:
>

>>In ant 1.5, dynamicConfigurator#createElement(String) converted the
>>element name to a lower case
>>

>It still does for attributes, I've already been bitten by this 8-)
>

>>Should we keep this behaviour?
>>

>Probably yes - and change the behavior for the new interface.

+1 ok.

One last thing to note;
in ant 1.5 namespaces were not processed so x:y was passed tru without
modification.
So the following:

<project default="dtest">
  <target name="dtest">
    <taskdef name="dtest" classname="task.DTest" classpath="classes"/>
    <dtest>
      <uri:local/>
    </dtest>
  </target>
</project>

Prints out:

Buildfile: dtest.xml
dtest:
 [dtest] Element is uri:local

This will not parse in ant 1.6, one needs to add xmlns:uri="whatever".

However the uri: will not be sent tru to the DynamicConfigurator:

Buildfile: dtest.xml
dtest:
 [dtest] Element is local
Peter