ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: Custom selector how-to...
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:09:44 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

>I have two apparently simple question about custom selectors:
>
>1) How can I access the Project associated to a selector?
>
>   I can see no obvious way to access it, as unlike ProjectComponent
>   deriving classes that can use getProject(), there's no such thing
>   in BaseExtendSelector...

BaseExtendSelector extends BaseSelector extends DataType extends
ProjectComponent.....

>   I need to create a Path from a string for pre-Ant 1.6 parametrization,
>   and also create a DirectoryScanner, which also requires a Project.

There has been issues with ant core not setting the project for custom
selectors early
enough to be useful. This has been fixed for ant 1.6, but could be a problem
for ant 1.5. (Actually for any object that has got a public
setProject(Project), ant 1.6
will attempt to call setProject(Project) on it as soon as possible).

>2) Can selectors be id'd/refid'd like tasks/types?
>
>   I must write a selector with an expensive up-front config phase
>   (remember the DirectoryScanner above?) that I want to use in
>   several different <fileset>s, so I'd rather avoid doing the expensive
>   up-front config N times...

See:
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/selectors.html#selectorselect

Peter