ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: DynamicConfigurator namespace problem
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:35:57 GMT
Am 11.12.2003 um 17:11 schrieb Peter Reilly:
> One last thing to note;
> in ant 1.5 namespaces were not processed so x:y was passed tru without
> modification.
> So the following:
>
> <project default="dtest">
>  <target name="dtest">
>    <taskdef name="dtest" classname="task.DTest" classpath="classes"/>
>    <dtest>
>      <uri:local/>
>    </dtest>
>  </target>
> </project>
>
> Prints out:
>
> Buildfile: dtest.xml
> dtest:
> [dtest] Element is uri:local
>
> This will not parse in ant 1.6, one needs to add xmlns:uri="whatever".
>
> However the uri: will not be sent tru to the DynamicConfigurator:
>
> Buildfile: dtest.xml
> dtest:
> [dtest] Element is local

I've written about this particular case on the
NewAntFeaturesInDetail/NamespaceSupport wiki page. Personally, I'd
consider any pre-Ant-1.6 use of colons in element names a risk the
build file writer has knowingly taken. I'm sure I've read warnings
about it somewhere (but don't remember where), but even still, XML
namespaces are a well-known technique. It was always clear that such
build files would break as soon as Ant enabled namespace processing.

Cheers,
   Chris
--
Christopher Lenz