ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: macrodef - do attributes as properties or substitutions
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:00:07 GMT
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Jose Alberto Fernandez
<jalberto@cellectivity.com> wrote:

> To me macrodefs are for writing all those tasks that I am too
> lazy, or they are too simple for me to need to go and write and
> maintain some Java code.

I'm not sure that this is the intention of <macrodef> - maybe you
would rather use <scriptdef> with beanshell as your scripting language
then?

> Substitution is the least interfearing behavior.

I hear you and to a certain degree I agree with you.  Actually I
haven't really made up my mind myself yet - no vote from me so far.

> But if <atributes> modify properties, then there is no way for me to
> stop them for happening.

In which situation would "<atributes> modify properties" have negative
effects on what you are planing to do with <macrodef>?  Do you have an
enlightening example?

Stefan