ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/proposal/sandbox/dotnet .cvsignore README
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:13:41 GMT
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
> bodewig@apache.org wrote:
>> bodewig     2003/11/21 02:52:23
>>   * A <dotnetexec> task that can be used as
>>       <dotnetexec executable="ExampleCsc.exe"/>
>>       without testing for the environment (see the dotnet.xml build
>>       file
>>     for Ant's tests as an example for what may become simpler with
>>     this).
>
> +1, let people provide the path of a launcher if needed

It is already there.  I've named the attribute vm, not sure whether
this is appropriate for .NET folks, though.

BTW, we could probably change <csc> to default to mcs as executable if
not running on Windows, that would make build files easier to port.

>>     * A <nant> task.
>
> +1; would be nice if we could have a nant listener that would feed
> into Ant's reporting levels.

I don't think it is possible to write on without making it LGPLed at
the same time.

>>     * A <msbuild> task - if only for the fun of having it.
>
> eventually; could be a followon to <nant>

It is, just look at the code.  They share almost everything.

>>   Mid term goals:
>>     * A <nunit> task.
>
> yes please!

Mid term 8-)