ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject [VOTE] macrodef - do attributes as properties or substitutions
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:22:33 GMT

I don't think that another discussion thread will lead us anywhere.
Instead of trying to summarize what has been discussed, let me point
to the archives (I hope the list is complete):

I'd like to keep this particular vote focussed on property versus
textual substitution.  I am aware that the vote won't be complete
after that as we'll still have issues to decide upon (scope+extent or
notation, depending on this vote's outcome), but let's get this one
here straight first.

Actually, I'm not 100% sure about the rules we have to apply since
we've already shipped betas with the code, so strictly speaking a
decision we are considering a code change which would require (lazy)
consensus of the committers as opposed to a new idea that would
require a majority only.  Let's see where we get from here and whether
we'll have to actually decide that at all 8-)

OK, how do we want to implement <macrodef> attributes:

[ ] as textual substitution
[ ] as "real" Ant properties

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: