ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: macrodef - do attributes as properties or substitutions
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:14:12 GMT
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Jan Materne <> wrote:

> And the question was: how can I access the attribute-value?

@attribute or $(attribute) or - as long as we use a different notation
we don't have to fear that we'd accidently clash with properties or
scripting language constructs.

> If you write inside a target that would be value =
> project.getProperty(name); But not here.

Neither is it in <scriptdef> for example.  If we say that the
attribute doesn't turn into a property - and don't make it look like
one - people won't expect they could get at it via

> But the textual expansion has another disadvantage:
> if (parameter == "${name}") set-default-for-parameter;
> You canĀ“t do that ...

I'm afraid you've lost me.  What is the issue you are having here?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message