ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/proposal/sandbox/dotnet/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/dotnet AbstractBuildTask.java MSBuildTask.java NAntTask.java antlib.xml
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:21:05 GMT
On 21 Nov 2003, <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

>   NAnt and MSBuild tasks

Not very complete so far - and they don't work very well either 8-)

<nant> should work on Windows, I can only get it to work on Linux
using Mono if I install NAnt in /usr/local/bin - I'm probably doing
something wrong.

<msbuild> has been created by just reading the docs as I don't have
access to it.  The example msbuild file is probably going to fail as
there doesn't seem to be an <echo> equivalent in MSBuild (and all
other tasks have side effects AFAICS).

I plan to reuse DD's "create a DOM element by using
DynamicConfigurator" code to support nesting build file snippets in
those task.  Something like

<nant>
  <build>
    <nunit2>
      <test assemblyname="MyProject.Tests.dll"/>
    </nunit2>
  </build>
</nant>

to run NAnt's <nunit2> task.

Dominique, I'm not sure whether your code has been intended as a
contribution to Ant - I can alternatively rewrite it from scratch.

Stefan