ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: Namespace support in ant 1.6
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:57:19 GMT

+1

>One of the outstanding issues is what namespace to use
>for nested elements of tasks. (Discovered by introspection
>rules).

>The choices are:
>  a) Use the default ant namespace, this is the current rule.
>  b) Use the namespace of the enclosing task or type.
>  c) Allow either - let the build script author choose.

>Using the if task from ant-contrib and assuming an
>project tag of <project xmlns:antcontrib="antlib:net.sf.antcontrib"
>as an example:

Do <or/> and <equals/> in your example come from ant core ? I guess so, but
<then> comes from ant-contrib, no ?
I would have expected your examples a and  b to be like this :

Choice a)

<antcontrib:if>
   <or>
      <equals arg1="a" arg2="${x}"/>
      <antcontrib:ispropertytrue property="y"/>
   </or>
   <antcontrib:then>
      <echo>both conditions are true</echo>
   </antcontrib:then>
</antcontrib:if>

Choice b)

<antcontrib:if>
   <antcore:or>
      <equals arg1="a" arg2="${x}"/>
      <antcontrib:ispropertytrue property="y"/>
   </antcore:or>
   <then>
      <antcore:echo>both conditions are true</antcore:echo>
   <then>
</antcontrib:if>

Cheers,

Antoine