ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: cvs commit: ant/docs/manual/OptionalTasks replaceregexp.html
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:18:31 GMT
While using the <replaceregexp/> task, I saw that ant.regexp.regexpimpl
currently has to be defined as a system property, although code is in place
to use it as normal project property.

RegexpFactory#newRegexp() is called, not RegexpFactory#newRegexp(Project).

As a consequence, the instance of RegularExpression created in the build
does not have access to project properties.

IMO this is a bug, I do not like having to start ant with -D options.

I would like to change RegularExpression to make sure that the regexpfactory
only gets started with a project instance to get properties from.

Any ideas concerning this ?

Antoine