ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Ant 1.6 and namespace
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:46:43 GMT
> From: Christopher Lenz [mailto:cmlenz@gmx.de]
> Dominique Devienne wrote:
> >>From: peter reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]

> >>If no namespace uri is picked for the empty prefix, it is up
> >>to the processor to pick one, in ant's case this is
> >>antlib:org.apache.tools.ant.
> >
> > Ah, thanks for the precision. I didn't know this rule.
> >
> > Slightly related, if I extracted or wrote a schema for Ant,
> > and specified an xsi:schemaLocation attribute in <project>,
> > will Ant ignore the attribute, or barf?
>
> If you also define the namespace prefix "xsi", the document is still
> well-formed so everything should be fine. Xerces will not try to validate
> the build file though, since Ant doesn't put the parser in validating
> mode, of course.

Granted. But Peter apparently says that even though the document is
well-formed (declared proper xsi NS prefix), Ant might still refuse it...

I'm not sure whether it's a valid behavior as far as pure XML processing is
concerned. xsi:schemaLocation is just one example, there are other XML
technologies which use namespace'd XML attributes, like XInclude, XLink,
etc... Ant not supporting any of these might be problematic!?!? --DD