ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: antlibs/namespaces
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 16:26:30 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > In beta1, the following worked:
> >
> > <myns:mytask>
> >   <myns:mytype />
> > </myns:mytask>
> >
> > In beta2, I get an error to the effect that "mytask"
> > does not support nested "mytype".
>
> Not yet fully decided - one of the issues that is holding up the 1.6
> release.
>
> I'd say it should work exactly that way (and only work for the default
> namespace if you've defined a local default namespace):
>
> <myns:mytask xmlns="uri-corresponding-to-myns">
>   <mytype />
> </myns:mytask>

Hold on! I need to understand what you just said Stefan.

This means that if I declare all my namespace prefixes at the top level like
I do now, I'd have to prefix all nested elements of my tasks with the NS
prefix?

And what about tasks that takes Ant nested element, like filesets? Do these
need to be prefixed too?

And what about an Ant task (say <dummy>) with a AddXyz(Xyz xyz) method, and
I have an <my:xyz> in my AntLib that extends Xyz? Should I be able to say:

<dummy>
  <my:xyz ... />
</dummy>

And thus get limited polymorphism?

Your post opens up the door to many questions for me. --DD