ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: [VOTE] macrodef - do attributes as properties or substitution s
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:12:37 GMT
> If macrodef attribute are to be implements as substitutions, what
> should be the notation? (where x is the attribute name)

  [ ] as ${x} (look like ant properties)      confusion with 'real'
properties
  [ ] as $(x)                                 to close to A
  [ ] as @x                                   I miss the brackets
  [ ] as ${attribute:x}                       too long
  [X] as @{x}                                 ok, close to A but seeable
different
  [ ] some thing else                         nothing in my mind to that

- a construct according to <xsl:value select="attributeName"/> seems to be
too long
- other XSLT constructs:  $attribname, @attribname: I miss the brackets ...

- escape sequence for E could be: @@{x}; doubling the special character is
widely used