ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: <nant> task update
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:13:47 GMT
Peter reilly wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 11:54, Christopher Lenz wrote:
>>Peter reilly wrote:
>>
>>>The rule is as is in the ant namespace documentation, opps
>>>the to be written documentation, is that
>>>if the element name is in ant's xmlns, then
>>>the componentname of the element is the local name,
>>>otherwise it is uri:localname.
>>>
>>>This is to be backward compatible with previous
>>>versions of ant.
>>
>>I don't understand... in what way does this provide backwards compatibility?
>>
>>AFAICT (and as I have already posted) DynamicConfigurator-based tasks that
>>are not namespace-aware -- and that includes all tasks written against Ant
>>1.5 -- will break as soon as the build file writer decides to put them in a
>>namespace.
>
> This involves changing the build file - adding
> namespaces.

But if we'd just pass the local name to DynamicConfigurator, the task would
continue to work even if the build file writer added a namespace -- or am I
totally confused??

The task writer shouldn't have to update the task implementation just so
that the build file writer can use namespaces (IMNHSO).

-chris