ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: <nant> task update
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:54:04 GMT
Peter reilly wrote:
> The rule is as is in the ant namespace documentation, opps
> the to be written documentation, is that
> if the element name is in ant's xmlns, then
> the componentname of the element is the local name,
> otherwise it is uri:localname.
>
> This is to be backward compatible with previous
> versions of ant.

I don't understand... in what way does this provide backwards compatibility?

AFAICT (and as I have already posted) DynamicConfigurator-based tasks that
are not namespace-aware -- and that includes all tasks written against Ant
1.5 -- will break as soon as the build file writer decides to put them in a
namespace.

-chris