ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: XMLFragment
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:02:57 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 27 Nov 2003, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>>On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Christopher Lenz <cmlenz@gmx.de> wrote:
>>>So the namespace URI and the local name are currently actually
>>>passed to the DynamicConfigurator in the form
>>>namespace-uri:local-name?
>>
>>Actually, I thought so from reading the code,
>
> And they in fact are, at least under some circumstances.

IMHO, this is a really bad thing. If I take any 1.5-based task that uses
DynamicConfigurator, and define it into a namespace, it will break, because
the code doesn't split the namespace URI and the local name.

Only the local name should be passed to DynamicConfigurator.

Naturally, that will make stuff like XMLFragment less useful in 1.6, because
no information about namespaces will be available. To support such use
cases, a new DynamicConfiguratorNS interface should be added that would
support methods like createDynamicElement(namespaceUri, localName) and
createDynamicAttribute(namespaceUri, localName, value).

-chris