ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gus Heck <gus-ant...@cognition.olin.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] macrodef - do attributes as properties or substitutions
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 02:01:28 GMT
My (non-committer) oppion coincides with Stefan here,  with a slight
preference for

@{x}

because it looks like "put the substitution AT this location" when I
read it to myself.

However I can understand that $ escaping is already done and well tested
so reusing that code has value. $(x) is good enough for me if that is a
priorety (you will note I am not offering to code @{x} :) ).

(or we could make it (:x:) so that mozilla can turn them all into
smilies when we paste it to the list :) )

-Gus