ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Msbuild
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 20:14:06 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
>
>>Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>

>>>MSBuild uses $() for its properties and @() for something else -
>>>probably Item references at first glance.
>>
>>-where is the docs for that?
>

> Follow the "official information" link in
> <http://stefanbodewig.blogger.de/stories/9155/>.
>
> Judging from you blog, you've found it by now.  The nant-dev list is
> very interesting right now. 8-)
>
> I've had a closer look into the docs last weekend and will talk about the
> Item and task input/output stuff later.

yes, I even have the PDC DVD set a few metres away, should I chose to
dedicate some time to bringing it up in a vmware installation.

I must say it is the first time any project I've worked on has been
cloned by microsoft to become a strategic offering of theirs. I also
think they may have a better list/set model than Ant's, which doesn't
really have anything consistent at all, just FileList, FileSet, and many
other task-specific lists.

I do think a bit of credit to the ant and nant teams would have been
polite -from a colleague who was at the MSBuild session, we didnt merit
a mention. Sigh.

-Steve