ant-dev mailing list archives

From peter reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Ant 1.6 local and macrodef attributes
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:58:07 GMT
a)
I sent a vote last week on local properties
and the result was:
                           committers  others (+ votes in bugzilla)
   have local in ant 1.6   2           1 + 6
   not                     0           0
   +0                      1           0

Based on this and other feedback I think that local does
belong in ant 1.6.

There was some concern about the syntax of declaring local
as a standalone task as against having a localproperty container.
I do not share the concern.

b)
I send an vote the week before about local properties being
implemented by textual replacement or by using local properties.
The result was:

                           committers  others
   local properties        2           1
   textual replacement     1           4
   +0                      1           0

I would like to implement attributes using local properties, with
a possible option to allow the script writer to specify textual replacement.

c)
I sent a vote on the syntax to use for texual replacement. There was a varied
response. A number of people liked the notation @{x}.

I propose to commit local properties and implement attributes using local
properties for the ant 1.6 beta3 release.

If there are problems with use of local properties as attributes, this should
be discovered very quickly.

Peter