ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject DO NOT REPLY [Bug 24449] New: - Transferring multiple files using scp results in missing/corrupted files
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 00:59:13 GMT
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG 
RELATED COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT
<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24449>.
ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24449

Transferring multiple files using scp results in missing/corrupted files

           Summary: Transferring multiple files using scp results in
                    missing/corrupted files
           Product: Ant
           Version: 1.6Beta
          Platform: PC
        OS/Version: All
            Status: NEW
          Severity: Critical
          Priority: Other
         Component: Optional Tasks
        AssignedTo: dev@ant.apache.org
        ReportedBy: Edwin_STEELE@rta.nsw.gov.au


When using scp to transfer multiple files, I find that one or more of the files
(usually but not always towards the end of the file list) are missing and/or
truncated. This seems to happen regardless of whether there is a nested
directory structure being transferred or not.

This does not happen all the time but is repeatable (see the attached target). I
have seen this behaviour transferring from a win2k box to a rh7.3 box and from a
rh7.3 box to itself.

I am using jsch1_8 and ssh -V on the rh7.3 boxes gives:
OpenSSH_3.1p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f

The type of data loss is not consistent between runs. With srcdir set to
/etc/CORBA/servers, I have had perfect transfers and also had anywhere from 1 to
 6 files not transferred. I also often, but not always, have a file truncated.

e.g.
      [scp] done.
     [exec] 43,47c43
     [exec] < 972f72d0b03c1815e868f2b779431649  ./magicdev.goad
     [exec] < 4b739c62d1d0fd126b278cd847136351  ./gtcd.goad
     [exec] < fb25aaa5c183eb5908a5251917410299  ./gnomexmms.gnorba
     [exec] < 0546797255c25f7da2e2c18b81df8ee4  ./rp3.gnorba
     [exec] < f8cc684633790245bd3fe2d21bd68492  ./gaim_applet.gnorba
     [exec] ---
     [exec] > d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e  ./magicdev.goad
     [exec] Result: 1

and another:
      [scp] done.
     [exec] 47c47
     [exec] < f8cc684633790245bd3fe2d21bd68492  ./gaim_applet.gnorba
     [exec] ---
     [exec] > d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e  ./gaim_applet.gnorba
     [exec] Result: 1

I am attaching a buildfile that triggers this problem. I find this problem
occurs about 50% of the time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@ant.apache.org


Mime
View raw message