ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Vote: <local> for 1.6
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:04:17 GMT
On 22 Oct 2003, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> I haven't made up my mind on the feature itself

OK, re-reading the description first, I don't like the

,----
| The value part of <local> is optional, and  the local
| property may be set by a subsequent <property>, <property>
| will only set it if the value is not set.
`----

part.  This means that whenever I find a <property> task I'll have to
search all possible scopes for a <local> element and can't rely on it
being global.

What is the benefit of making <property> adhere to the scoping set up
by <local>?

I don't have any strong objections against the rest or the
implementation.

So +0.5 (which can be turned into a +0.9 by explaining why <property>
should care about scopes 8-).

Stefan