ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: obsolete xml-apis.jar in ant1.6 [was ant1.6beta2]
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:47:25 GMT
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Shane Curcuru <shane_curcuru@yahoo.com> wrote:

> the xml-commons team is working on getting an official relase of our
> external component, xml-apis.jar, which would be suitable for using
> in your 1.6 release.

Good news 8-)

> Could someone send me directly (I'm not on dev@ant) your estimated
> 1.6 ship date and the last date for code changes for it?

Currently Antoine (our release manager for 1.6) is planing the final
release for 1.6 at Oct 30th.  If we get reports on major bugs, this
may very well push us to a later date.  Anyway, I'm rather sure that a
1.6 release will see a 1.6.1 successor in not too distant future -
people don't like to test betas.

> If worst comes to worst (and we're late), then you should simply
> bundle the xml-apis.jar that comes with the version of Xerces you
> are including (as someone already suggested).

Sounds like a good fallback option to me.

Thanks

        Stefan