ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ant 1.6beta2] Problem with <junit> task and ant-launcher.jar
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:51:19 GMT
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Christopher Lenz <cmlenz@gmx.de> wrote:

> The corresponding <junit> invocation does not specifiy the
> "includeantruntime" attribute, which defaults to true. So the Ant
> runtime should be included in the classpath. However, the
> ant-launcher.jar doesn't seem to be on the classpath here.

I'm not really sure whether it must be there, but it should be now
(using CVS HEAD).  includeantruntime="true" is supposed to put enough
of Ant into the CLASSPATH to run Ant's JUnit testrunner, and this
doesn't need ant-launcher.jar.

It used to include all of Ant in Ant 1.5.x, but this is no longer true
since we've split up optional.jar.  I've added ant-launcher.jar so
that you now should have enough in CLASSPATH to actually run Ant, but
you may find that you don't have access to any optional tasks.

Stefan