ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Vote: <local> for 1.6
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:42:24 GMT
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, peter reilly <> wrote:
> On Friday 24 October 2003 12:36, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, peter reilly <> wrote:

>> >    - should the uris of introspection discovered nested elements
>> >    be the same as the containing task

> The example I gave before was this:
> <ant:project
>     xmlns:ant="ant:core" xmlns:ac="antlib:net.sf.antcontrib">
>     <ac:switch value="${foo}">
>       <ant:case value="bar">
>         <echo message="The value of property foo is bar" />

is not defined IMHO, as we don't have a default namespace at all.

It would be Ant's core URI if that was the URI of the default
namespace in the current scope and AntContrib's if it was theirs.

>    <ac:if>
>       <equals arg1="a" arg2="${prop}"/>
>       <then>
>          blab ...
>        </then>
>        <else>
>          blab..
>        </else>
>    </ac:if>

Assuming Ant's core URI was associated to the default namespace, you'd
have to use ac:then and ac:else.

>> > * antlib support
>> >    - should <typedef resource="x"/> look for all instances of x
>> >    or just the first one.  + I think it should.
>> you think it should what? 8-)
> I think that it should look for all instances of x ;-)

I agree that it should do so for the XML style - but I'm not sure
about property files as <typedef resource> is there since 1.4 for them
and has always only loaded one file.

> There is one small problem with this. If the default namescape is
> changed from ant:core to, and people
> make antlibs with the antlib.xml in the correct place, this could
> cause auto declaration of third party tasks/types into the default
> namespace.

Didn't we want to allow this anyway?  I mean allow people to add tasks
to the core namespace as traditional <taskdef> would do so as well.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message