ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <>
Subject AW: Usage of deprecated methods in 1.6 CORE
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:32:06 GMT
Hi Jose,
you are right, it is not a good example to be using deprecated methods.
However, this is not a boiling problem.
I would rather fix this in 1.7 (but that is just me).
And also go further in the effort concerning style (checkstyle).
And also move to xdocs for the documentation,
And also venture into virtual file systems,
and ...

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jose Alberto Fernandez []
Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. Oktober 2003 13:14
An: Ant Developers List
Betreff: Usage of deprecated methods in 1.6 CORE

Hi all,

Taking a look around the code, I just notice that in several (many)
in the CORE code we are still calling deprecated methods. That looks
quite cheeky to me ;-)

If we say that those methods should not be used, we should be the first
not using them. If it turns out that the only efficient or neat way to
write that code by using the deprecated method, them we should
our stand and un-deprecate it.

I have seen usage of deprecated stuff in (which seems to me
should be fixed)
and in (where the picture is much more murky). I am sure
there are more.

Jose Alberto

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: