ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: Which version should the online manual be?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 08:11:48 GMT
Jan,
sounds OK for me.
except that the URL of Beta-Version.gif should be absolute.
/manual-1.6beta/images/Beta-Version.gif would be best
Also I can write a Perl script to do the change in all html files under
manual-1.6beta
kindof
find manual-1.6beta -name "*.html" | xargs perl -pi ...
do you have a suitable image ?
Antoine
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 1. Oktober 2003 09:57
An: dev@ant.apache.org
Betreff: RE: Which version should the online manual be?

> > after clearly displaying that the beta manual is in fact beta (using
> > a background image reading BETA across the sheet, for example)...
>
> Something like
> <http://cvs.xemacs.org/viewcvs.cgi/XEmacs/xemacs/etc/xemacs-beta.xpm>?
> I like the idea.
I haven´t seen any interesting on that page.

> I haven't linked the manual from the site yet as I don't feel up to
> that task (manipulating graphics, that is).
>
> Stefan

I did a little try.
How about that?
Beta-Manual.zip contains a gif with text "Beta-Version" and a modified
cover.html. Modification is done on the <body> tag:
-<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
+<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF"
style="background-image:url(../images/Beta-Version.gif)">

If that is appropriate I can start writing a target for modifying the html
sources.

Jan