ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: Preventing Parent Classloading
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:42:14 GMT
> From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
>
> Note that it's often dangerous to break the delegation model of class
> loaders... Works sometimes, but be aware we're breaking the rules. --DD

Absolutely. I would caution against violating the requirement to delegate
to parent loaders. It can cause a lot of problems some of which are not
easily repeatable (i.e. they depend on timing and garbage collection
operations). It may work once and then fail the next time.

It can be done but you need to be clear about what is happening. Ant does
it in two places (the <java> and <junit> tasks).

Conor