ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Shatzer, Larry" <Larry.Shat...@Spirent.com>
Subject RE: Macrodef and parallel in a recursive situation
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:02:46 GMT
Maybe allow <attribute> have another <attribute> that allows it to be
undeclared with default or passed in, so we can set it inside the macrodef,
such as "newcurrent".

Example:

<macrodef name="recursive">
  <attribute name="until"/>
  <attribute name="current"/>
  <attribute name="method"/>
  <attribute name="newcurrent" staticscope="true"/>
</macrodef>

Then when you call "recursive" such as this: <recursive until="10"
current="0" method="blah"/> it won't die that you did not pass "newcurrent".

the "staticscope" attribute name could be something else, or scope="static"
and a list of others that could be used.

-- Larry