ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <SCo...@sportvision.com>
Subject RE: 1.6 migration guide?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:02:24 GMT
Thanks, Stefan.  Anything would be better than nothing, and I'm not one
to underestimate the limiting factor of time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 1:55 AM
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: 1.6 migration guide?

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Steve Cohen <SCohen@sportvision.com> wrote:

> In other words, I'm looking for a migration guide that shows off the
> 1.6 way of doing things against the 1.5 way wherever the 1.6 way is
> more powerful,

Actually I've been thinking about putting together small tutorials for
the really interesting stuff that's easy to miss.  On the top of my list
are Antlibs, presetdef and the new way to define custom filterreaders,
conditions and so on.

I feel that smaller tutorials may be easier to write and maintain than a
single migration guide.

The most limiting part here is time - as always.

Stefan