ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Need an <import> wizzard to proof-read Wiki
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:15:46 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> I've added a blurb[1] about target overriding and I even tried the
> sample build file (yes, I did! ;-), but I could be wrong anyway.
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?NewAntFeaturesInDetail/Import

Two remarks and two questions:

R1) Why specifying basedir="." when it's the default?
    Especially in the context of import, when an imported project's
    basedir is completely ignored, right!?!?

R2) Since when can a project no longer have a name?
    Why? And is that really desirable?

Q1) Should entries in the Wiki have something about the author?
    Or should we expect people to rely on the 'View Other Revisions'
    page? I don't see an equivalent to CVS annotate...

Q2) Any way to have a daily summary email sent out to the users list
    with all new entries/edits pertaining to Ant? That would be really
    useful, promote the use of the Wiki, and avoid having to manually
    announce new interesting entries like yours Stefan.

Thanks, --DD