ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: Which version should the online manual be?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 08:52:42 GMT
> On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Antoine Lévy-Lambert <antoine@antbuild.com> wrote:
>
> > Also I can write a Perl script to do the change in all html files
> > under manual-1.6beta
>
> Changing all files (the checked out manual is and should remain under
> CVS control) just to change them back when you create the final
> release sounds like a lot of hassle.
>
> Can't we move that to an external stylesheet that gets included by all
> pages so that we only need to modify the stylesheet to turn the
> beta-warning on and off?
>
> > find manual-1.6beta -name "*.html" | xargs perl -pi ...
>
> find manual -name \*.html -print0 | xargs -0 perl -pi.bak ...
>
> ;-)
>
> Stefan

CSS would be the better way. But I haven´t found an included CSS so I´d
chosen
the <body>-way.

With CSS we have to modify the sources, too - include the CSS. But that
modification
can live in the files for longer :-)

HTML:
+ <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="manual.css">
  </head>

But again: the link should be right ...

CSS:
body {
    background-image:url(../images/Beta-Version.gif)
}

Jan