ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: Macrodef and parallel in a recursive situation
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:25:47 GMT
> From: peter reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
>
> On Monday 20 October 2003 11:43, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
> > Peter,
> >
> > sounds great. How does your implementation using threadLocal works
> > when going across <ant> or <antcall>? Just curious.
>
> The local properties do not cross to the ant/antcall project.
>
> They could but I figured that as they are "local", they do
> not need to.

So what do I get on the ant/antcall/subant side of things?
Do I get the original global value? Or nothing?
If I need to pass this value, does that mean I need to use
<param> explicitly? This would have to be documented very well
because it may be confusing otherwise.

I understand your selection in the context of the attributes of
<macrodef>
but I was thinking on the general case. So let at least add
a strong usage description in the docs for <local>.

Jose Alberto
PS: BTW I think this is one of the best features we have added to ANT
so I hope it manages to get to 1.6. With this feature alone
one can get rid of all those anoying properties whose only reason for
existance was passing a value between two tasks.