ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: Official (reserved?) namespace of Ant itself???
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:38:08 GMT
I think we should stick to the XML namespace rules
as defined in XML. That is, if I get a NS-aware parser
and parse the ANT file, the resulting SAX events should
specify the correct name spaces for each element.

By correct I mean that if a task comes from an antlib
on space X, then the SAX for its start-element should be
on X, and the SAX for all subelements defined by createBlah()
should also be in X and so on. Once an object for core
is in charged, the SAX for its elements should be in ant:core
and so on.

Now, my question is what do I need to write in XML so that I get
that output. Notice that there are more than one way to write such XML
since you can use ns:foo="X" on any node and override the default
from that point.

As long as it is not worst than writing an XSLT I see no problem.

Jose Alberto