ant-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: XML, XSL, and Ant
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:39:54 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> My JDK 1.4 javadocs ... contradicts itself when
> it comes to document().  I have no idea how it is implemented in
> Xalan.

Yeah, a famous discrepancy. The question is whether the Transformer
inherits the URIResolver from the factory or whether it is created
with the default one. I  remember Saxon and Xalan handled this
differently for a long time, a reccurent source of confusion.

If the custom URIResolver is set on both the factory and the created
transformers, no ambiguities remain.

> Neither says anything about entities.
That's because entities are resolved by the parser...
Fortunately, the resolver from XML commons implements both the
URIResolver and the EntityResolver interface. James Clark rules!

> a chance to plug in the entity resolver... We should be able to change
 > this if SAXSource is supported, I'll take a stab at it

Great!

J.Pietschmann