ant-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: Re obsolete xml-apis.jar in ant1.6 [was ant1.6beta2]
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:43:04 GMT
Shane Curcuru wrote:
> Dear Antites:
> Yes, the xml-commons team is working on getting an official relase of
> our external component, xml-apis.jar, which would be suitable for using
> in your 1.6 release.  (big thanks to Stefan for kicking me awake on this)

So we Cocoon'ers are not at alone having troubles with the xml-apis.jar
from time to time :)

> If worst comes to worst (and we're late), then you should simply bundle
> the xml-apis.jar that comes with the version of Xerces you are including
> (as someone already suggested).  This is not an official xml-commons
> release, but it is properly version matched to that Xerces, and will
> have better support for more recent versions of Xalan as well.  The code
> that generated that xml-apis.jar *should* have been tagged with the same
> tag as the xml-xerces code that generated that release, although I
> haven't checked this specific build yet.  Note also that this is
> xml-commons/java/external code from the tck-jaxp-1_2_0 branch, *not*
> from the HEAD of xml-commons.

This might already have been brought up but what about adding a version
number to the xml-apis.jar? I guess we (at Cocoon) spend quite an amount
of time finding bugs that actually were nothing more than mismachted
xerces/xalan/xml-api jars.
--
Torsten