ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gus Heck <gus-ant...@cognition.olin.edu>
Subject Re: [ANTidote] possibly needs to be renamed!
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:50:15 GMT
Hmm I have this suspicion that we are just an ancillary target, these
people probably really want to sue the virus software people who likely
have some money to sue for. The problem is that if they don't pursue
everyone, they probably can't go after the big one and have the courts
beleive them. They might well accept a simple cheap workaround like the
"Apache Antidote" name, as it aquiesses to thier trademark in name at
least, and then they don't have to spend money chasing us.

Also, if there is no trademark on file at the USPTO, we could of course
get the trademark and tell them to stop using ours, but that might not
be the peaceful easy and cheap way out....

-Gus