ant-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 19:38:32 GMT
I'm working on a CocoonTask. Cocoon has a significant bundle of jars,
some of which overlap with Ant's.

In my task, I set up a class loader responsible for loading Cocoon
classes, which works, apart from when those same classes exist in Ant,
when the Ant ones are loaded instead of Cocoon's.Ant has a different
version of org.apache.log.Hierarchy which is incompatible with the one
in Cocoon, and thus resulting in an IllegalAccessError.

To quote from the javadocs for ClassLoader:

"When requested to find a class or resource, a ClassLoader instance will
delegate the search for the class or resource to its parent class loader
before attempting to find the class or resource itself. "

How can I reverse this, so that the Cocoon ClassLoader is used in
preference? Or prevent the delegation to the parent class loader?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Upayavira