ant-dev mailing list archives

From peter reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: AW: Vote: <local> for 1.6
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:47:56 GMT
On Wednesday 22 October 2003 08:41, Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:
> I am OK for the third beta.
> In the third beta we should have :
> - the <local> properties,
> - a new xml-apis.jar (probably the one which is distributed with
> Xerces-Java 2.5)
> - can we also have the endorsed libraries ?
> - other points ?

* there was some discussion on the namespace support -
   - should the default uri be "antlib:org.apache.tools.ant" to
     be consistent with other antlib uri's
     + I had argued before that it should not, but now I think
       it should.
   - should the uris of introspection discovered nested elements be
     the same as the containing task
     + I am not too sure about this, the current state is more
       readable and easy to get right but the proposed change
       would be easier to automate for syntax directed editors.

* antlib support
   - should <typedef resource="x"/> look for all instances of x or
     just the first one.
     + I think it should.