ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <>
Subject Re: Usage of deprecated methods in 1.6 CORE
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:33:07 GMT
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:17 am, peter reilly wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 October 2003 13:32, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> > Hi Jose,
> > you are right, it is not a good example to be using deprecated methods.
> > However, this is not a boiling problem.
> > I would rather fix this in 1.7 (but that is just me).
> > And also go further in the effort concerning style (checkstyle).
> I would like to see one last push to get non code changing style changes
> done before 1.6 is complete - missing java doc and whitespace, bracket
> placement.
> Doing this now would mean that any 1.7 changes will be "real" changes and
> not just style changes.

Just a note that, IMHO, style changes can be very difficult to merge across
branches and a source of conflicts (depends on the level of changes, of
course). In fact I delayed kicking off the last round of style changes until
the 1.5 branch was dead for this reason.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message