ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject DO NOT REPLY [Bug 23711] New: - VSS-Get Task Fails with Label
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 22:10:05 GMT
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG 
RELATED COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT
<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=23711>.
ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=23711

VSS-Get Task Fails with Label

           Summary: VSS-Get Task Fails with Label
           Product: Ant
           Version: 1.6Beta
          Platform: PC
        OS/Version: Windows NT/2K
            Status: NEW
          Severity: Normal
          Priority: Other
         Component: Optional Tasks
        AssignedTo: dev@ant.apache.org
        ReportedBy: brentb@mmlive.com


I recently grabbed the Ant 1.6beta as it has a lot of new "cool" features
I'd like to start using (especially the scp/ssh capabilities).  However when
I changed from using ant1.5.4 to ant1.6 my VSS get no longer works.  The
command that I'm trying is:

		<vssget localpath="${new.starterpack.loc}"
			recursive="true"
			label="${vsslabel.starterpack}"
			login="${vss.username},${vss.password}"
			vsspath="${vsspath.starterpack}"
			serverpath="${vss.starterSSDIR}"
			autoresponse="Y"
			writable="true"
		/>

The error that I get back is:[vssget] Version not found
Failed executing: ss Get $/path/to/Starter3.1 -D:\\Local\\Path\\Starter3.1
-I-Y  -R -VL-L3.1.R12 -W -Yusername,*****

The params that are being passed in look like:
vss.starterSrvr=servername
vsslabel.starterpack=3.1.R12
vsspath.starterpack=/path/to/Starter3.1
vss.username=username
vss.password=password
new.starterpack.loc=D:\\Local\\Path\\Starter3.1

Now I read in the "Whats New" document that vss will no longer start off
with a '$' so I added that to my vsspath param:
vsspath.starterpack=$/path/to/Starter3.1

But that didn't fix a thing.  In fact I get the same error.  So I'm
officially at a loss.  Is this a bug or am I missing something else more
obvious?  And here's the kicker.  If I get rid of the '$' and change back to
ant1.5.4 everything works 100%.

This is what I get back from 1.5.4 with debug enabled:

Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: Executing 'ss' with arguments:
'Get'
'$/path/to/Starter3.1'
'-GLD:\Local\Path\Starter3.1'
'-I-Y'
'-R'
'-VL3.1.R12'
'-W'
'-Yusername,*******'

I also tried the failonerror="false" and it did finally get files but it
seems to have ignored the label that I requested (this was with v1.6beta).
When I do a diff in VSS between the labeled version and what ANT got there
are several differences -- those differences being files that had been
checked in at a later date then the label.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@ant.apache.org


Mime
View raw message